Every organisation with volunteer workers is required to make sure that volunteers know sexual harassment is not acceptable.
Sexual harassment takes many forms and includes any behaviour of a sexual nature that could be reasonably expected to make someone feel offended, humiliated or intimidated.
Your policy reiterates that sexual harassment is against the law. This is under the Equal Opportunity Act 2010.
It should include:
- What sexual harassment means
- What people can do if they have been harassed
- What will happen if they are accused of harassment.
- You will also need to establish a procedure for managing complaints of sexual harassment including:
- Who will deal with complaints
- How the privacy of those involved will be protected
- What you will do to try to resolve the issue.