During the Council's term, the Advisor to the council;
- Enhanced collaboration and engagement between the council and Volunteering Victoria
- Supported the development of the council’s considered advice for government
- Minimised duplication of effort across shared strategic priorities.
Special thanks to Ms Bronwen Clark, Deputy Chair Volunteering Victoria Board, for her contributions to the council’s strategic priorities discussions, as the inaugural Advisor to the Council, in 2017.
Geoff Sharp, Advisor to the Council
Geoff Sharp has a background in advertising, international aid and development and philanthropic management. He currently works as a specialist in collaboration, collective impact and not-for-profit strategic development.
Geoff's experience also includes:
- Current member of the Volunteering Victoria Board of Directors
- Previous chair of the Victorian Volunteer Support Network
- Former CEO of United Way Ballarat, the Ballarat Foundation and Volunteering Ballarat
- Involved in the Victorian Government’s Central Highlands Regional Partnerships
- Co-chairs the Central Highlands Youth Area Partnerships
- Volunteer at a number of local organisations across the regions and state in the disability and community sectors.
- He is also an associate of Collaboration for Impact, Australia’s leading organisation for learning on how to respond to complexity through effective collaboration.