By providing constructive input and feedback for council’s consideration, the advisor to the council:
- Enhances collaboration and engagement between the council and Volunteering Victoria
- Supports the development of the council’s considered advice for government
- Minimises duplication of effort across shared strategic priorities.
Special thanks to Ms Bronwen Clark , Deputy Chair Volunteering Victoria Board, for her contributions to the council’s strategic priorities discussions, as the inaugural Advisor to the Council, in 2017.
Geoff Sharp, Advisor to the Council – 2018
Geoff Sharp has a background in advertising, international aid and development and philanthropic management. He currently works as a specialist in collaboration, collective impact and not-for-profit strategic development.
Geoff's experience also includes:
- Current member of the Volunteering Victoria Board of Directors
- Previous chair of the Victorian Volunteer Support Network
- Former CEO of United Way Ballarat, the Ballarat Foundation and Volunteering Ballarat
- Involved in the Victorian Government’s Central Highlands Regional Partnerships
- Co-chairs the Central Highlands Youth Area Partnerships
- Volunteer at a number of local organisations across the regions and state in the disability and community sectors.
- He is also an associate of Collaboration for Impact, Australia’s leading organisation for learning on how to respond to complexity through effective collaboration.